Thursday, July 10, 2008

It's July 10th and just now feeling like summer. I think I filled my quota of Summerfest trips this year, which revolved around seeing RUSH. I was so excited for this tour, and everything seemed to fall into place. I had a temporary freak out when Jesse called me and said the tickets he had been promised fell through, but at least I had an entire day to find other tickets, so I placed a desperate craigslist ad and got a promising reply from "Jeff", who was getting rid of 4 decent seats at face value. Yes! So Russ and I drove to Planet Marky and took the shuttle bus (a schoolbus you can drink on) from there to the fair grounds. The bus made one more stop at another bar on the way, and I looked up to see Jesse walking out of the door! Awesome. And some random hesher immediately lit a joint and shared it, which the bus driver didn't seem to care about at all! We arrived and met up with "Jeff", who was nice if a bit weird, got the tickets, grabbed a beer, and went into the Marcus...
( Photos, etc... )

So good. Our second trip to Summerfest was to see the Gin Blossoms. Seriously. They have (had?) some beautiful songs and I was hoping to relive some sort of mid-90's evening...turns out it was just old guys struggling to keep up with mid-paced alternative songs. But it was nostalgic enough to be fun, and this happened! Poor guy. But yeah, the older I get the less tolerance I have for Summerfest at midnight. It's the most annoying drunken people soup ever...even if I'm drunk.

No comments: