Thursday, October 25, 2007

It's a slow day around here, and thank god, because Queens of the Stone Age drained me last night. I say this pretty often, but really, it was one of the best shows I've seen in years. They opened up with "Regular John" and I had hopes that they would play their entire catalog start to finish (not likely), but they played a great variety of stuff. They're one of the tightest and well-rehearsed bands I've seen, and they make it look so effortless. Plus they had five huge spider-looking chandeliers and a black backdrop with orange lights poking through, so it definitely felt like a Halloween show. I was so excited to see a band I've loved for years and have them exceed all my expectations. :) And even though they didn't play it, the show reminded me that this will always be one of my favorite songs and videos ever.

I randomly caught this documentary after Frontline the other day, and the parallels to our elections were scary. And the 8-year-old aspect made it simultaneously adorable and disturbing.

Ooooo a cool interview with the Mythbusters guys....I like the audophile episode idea.

I hope everyone has an awesome pre-Halloween weekend

No comments: